Monday, 15 August 2016

Beauty bay haul!


So I've been online shopping quite a bit and remembered about beautybay.com. I found out about this site when I was looking for UK stockists of Melt Cosmetics and saw they had some of their lipsticks on the site but kinda just forgot about them. That was until I made it my mission to own the modern renaissance palette without having to get it shipped from the US! As you can see mission complete and they also have quite a wide range of US brands such as Makeup Geek, Gerard Cosmetics, L.A Girl ect.

So here is what I picked up! I got the Morphe M501 brush as I was watching a Lily Pebbles youtube video and she said she was recommended it for highlighting and it is the perfect sized brush and as I knew I wanted a glow kit, I had to get this too. It is soft, doesn't shed, picks up the perfect amount of product and like Lily said, It really is the perfect size.



After hearing so much about MUG shadows I knew I wanted to try some for myself and at just under a fiver they are way worth the money. The quality and pigmentation is easily comparable to mac, if not better with some shades of mac I have. I chose (left to right) Peach smoothie as it is the perfect all over the lid and transition colour, Cocoa bear because it is a gorgeous orange toned brown and I am already thinking about autumn haha and Havoc which is a gorgeous duochrome shadow and is very much similar to the duochrome shade in wet n wild's comfort zone palette but easier to get hold of! The formula is great, they are soft and smooth but there is no fall out, they last all day on my lids and do not crease at all. There are a range of amazing colours and the formula is spot on, what more could you want!


The whole reason for this haul, I picked up the Modern Renaissance palette. I mean look at it in all it's glory. It has already been well loved! The shades are just like my dream palette, there isn't one I don't like. I am very much an orangey, pinky, brown, warm toned shadow kinda girl so this palette is what dreams are made of. The primavera shade is AMAZING for creating a halo look, golden orchre is my favourite all over shade and I love using buon fresco in my crease and love letter in the outer corner for an every day look. The quality and pigmentation is amazing and the brush that comes with it is pretty bloody good too!

I also got the glow kit in Gleam. It. Is. Beautiful. The pigmentation is just all kinds of yes. The colours can be layered up to create something really unique or look beautiful on their own. My favourite is probably starburst but I honestly use all of them, there isn't one I'm not found of. It creates a stunning highlight, there is nothing I hate more when you buy a highlight that looks beautiful in the pan but doesn't translate onto the skin, no such issue with this. People think The Balm highlighters are intense, the glow kit is Mary lou-manizer on steroids and if you think about it each highlight is actually less than one Mary lou-manizer if you divide the total cost of the palette by 4 and compare it to The Balm's being £16, the glow kit is also a cracking deal! Beauty bay currently appear to be out of stock but it is on cultbeauty.co.uk for £39.00.

So that's my very much US based beauty bay haul. I love that US brands appear to be becoming so much easier to get hold of now and I'm especially excited for next pay day so I can place an order on the colour pop website as they now ship to the UK because obviously I need more makeup...Duh! Haha.

Talk soon - Amy x



Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram

No comments: