Sunday, 1 March 2015

Collective haul

So it was payday not so long ago and I hit the shops hard! So hard in fact I have two primark hauls and a tiger haul coming your way, what can I say oops! I tend to have one massive blow out the weekend after payday instead of getting bits here and there, who doesn't love coming home with a ton of shopping bags!

I have wanted these since they came out but they are eye wateringly expensive to me as I am used to the real techniques £20 odd for a set not for one brush but I am so glad I finally brought them. These two were the only ones I was really interested in (flat contour 301 and 201 pointed crease), I did like the blush brush but it seemed a little small and the the other brushes too big. They are incredibly soft, they are weighted so feel super luxurious and both are the perfect shape/size for their intended purpose.

I was running out of my Colab dry shampoo, I've gone through two of the big ones already and whilst picking up another I saw the extreme volume version so thought I would give that a go. My day 2/day three hair can go really flat so I thought it would work well for this as I've heard some good reviews. They have a 1/3 off in superdrug at the moment. Out of every dry shampoo I've tried, and that is a lot, this is hands down the absolutely best in terms of formula, effectiveness and cost. 

Asda had some pretty sweet deals on Maybelline makeup. As I love the Maybelline flawless nude foundation so much I thought I'd try the dream satin liquid foundation which has been around for an age and I keep looking at it thinking I want to try it and as it was only £5 I brought it! I also picked up the baby skin instant fatigue blur in warm apricot for £5. I feel like I have been waiting for ages for this to be readily available, the rose variety has been out for ages and I would of thought this one would of been out at the same time but nope. I really didn't want to get rose as I didn't want to add pink to an already red hued face! Finally the 'drugstore' mascara everyone seems to be talking about and as it was on offer for £6 I had to get it. This is of course the lash sensational mascara. It is quite a different styled brush for maybelline and reminds me of a thicker version of benefits roller lash so we shall see. 

Another supermarket another bargain, 3 for 2 on Barry m. After amelia liana raved about the chisel cheeks contour kit it HAD to be mine. I am pretty sure it is the only kit in the 'drugstore' that contains a highlight that isn't packed with shimmer, a bronze shade and a contour shade all in one. I've used it once already and I bloody love it. I also picked up two of the new gelly hi-shine in fondant, a lovely quite eye catching lilac and cotton a lovely white, both colours perfect for spring.

In was in the market for a regular facial oil as the one I have is a dry oil and can be used for your face but I wanted one specifically for my face. I wasn't too bothered about fancy claims but I did want one with vitamins ect and one that I knew and trusted the brand of. It was a choice between this one Good things argan oil perfecting facial oil or the Botanics facial oil but as I saw this one in tkmaxx and it was only £3.99 it won hands down haha as it is usually £6.99. On further inspection the good things oil has more good things in and I especially like that it has vitamin e oil in which is rich in anti-oxidants to protect my skin as well as the oil giving me a good boost in moisture.

I couldn't not get these two books! I have really been enjoying Pretty honest by Sali Hughes and these two (Love Tanya - Tanya Burr and The glam guide - Fleur de force) seemed like similar things in terms of the fact they give advice but in a more visual way and being a photography graduate I can really appreciate the imagery and they seem to be structured and from the little I've already read seem to be more relatable to me personally. They also include sections on happiness which for me is interesting because it is helpful to see how other people deal with sadness and what their coping mechanisms are.

I got these beauts in the newlook sale for only £15. I think they were £30 ish full price so a great bargain. They are really comfy because of the platform and rubber soles and I love the zip and buckle detailing.
These furry things were only £3 so I couldn't not. I really like the pattern and the furry fabric feels really nice. I kinda have a weird taste in shoes, I will probably like the shoes a shop has been trying to shift for months as no one else will buy them haha.

I also got these two beauts but they are images from the newlook website as I took my images the day before I brought these and truth be told I REALLY wasn't planning on spending anymore but I had to!

The boots on the left were only £23, they were originally £39.99 and are real leather. I love the smell of leather, anyone else? The heel size is perfect as they are comfy enough to do day to day activities but they also give me some much needed height as I'm only 5ft2. I have been umming and ahhing about the shoes on the left for about 2 months. I saw them online and really liked them, then saw them in store but there was only one pair and someone was already trying them on, then I saw them in store in the sale but I needed a size down and then FINALLY I found a pair when I wasn't even looking in my size so by the end of all that I was bloody buying them! The look pretty high and because I have flat feet and wonky ankles me and heels don't mix but these are perfect. They are SO comfy because the platform is thick and the sole is rubber making the impact between foot, shoe and floor a lot softer because of the padding I guess and rubber has some bounce. I can't wait to have an excuse to wear these!!

Have you been enjoying the fruits of your labor by shopping and spending an obscene amount? - Amy x

Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram

6 comments:

Maiko Sharp said...

That contour kit looks amazing I am obsessing over the anasatasia one but I may have to give this guy a try too
xx
http://diamondsandtulips.blogspot.com.au

Laura Markle said...

I love both of those nail polish colors! So pretty!

She Likes to Shop

Lizzy Fresh said...

Ahhh those Real Techniques Bold Metal brushes always look so gorgeous! I really want to splurge on one soon because they're just too pretty to pass up but its so hard to decide on only one :P

lizzyxfresh.blogspot.com

Amy Tibble said...

I absolutely love it, I was worried the contour shade would be too dark but it is perfection! x

Amy Tibble said...

Barry m knocks it out the park with it comes to polish hey!

Amy Tibble said...

If I was to buy only one it would of definitely of been the contour brush. The eye brush is the perfect size for my crease but the contour brush is unique in it's design and definitely worth the money