Saturday, 7 February 2015

Skincare: my serums, eye creams and moisturisers

More skincare and this time it is the serums, eye creams and moisturisers I use. I used to think the cheaper the better but now I can see the benefits to spending a bit more on certain things but if you pick cheap things with the right ingredients they can work just as well.

My top two serums I use are hydraluron which is incredibly moisturising and makes my skin feel lovely and plump. A little goes a long way and it just feels really lovely and makes my skin look supple and healthy. I also use something I found in tkmaxx for only £3.99 ages ago but they still sell it and I'm on my second one and that is the Balance active formula hyaluronic 554 youth serum. This stuff doesn't feel greasy at all, sinks in really nicely and is great for re-hydrating my skin and a bloody good price. I love hydraluron but I can only justify buying it when it is on offer so I'm glad I have something else I love. I have two eye creams I flit between. I like the origins ginzing eye cream as it is great for brightening as it has an iridescent look to it. I also use the anatomicals no old bags allowed. It is a really light eye gel that feels refreshing and just does what it says, soothes and depuffs.

I recently started using a dry oil from dí palomo in the night as an extra boost of moisture after reading a section in Sali Hughes 'pretty hurts' book. It works well as it is a dry oil so sinks in quickly and the orange blossom means it smells amazingggg. It can actually be used all over the body including the face so it is a pretty diverse oil. I really want to experiment more with oils so next on my list is the botanics facial oil as I love their toner spritz. I have a few moisturisers I really like. First up is the origins ginzing which I normally use in the morning as it has a really refreshing scent, a little goes a long way, it sinks in quickly and just feels nice and smooth on my face. I tend to use the hydraluron moisture jelly as night because it is a dream team with the hydraluron serum to really give me a moisture boost. I love how you press down on the top and the product just comes up instead of having to put my hands in the pot and it just feels lovely and refreshing. I also really like the boots vitamin e night cream. It is the thickest moisturiser I have and does a really good job at re-hydrating my skin over night and it is super cheap, I seem to bee line for skincare that contains vitamin e.

As you can probably tell I am all about hydration. At 23 I'm not really worried about aging just yet but I do worry about my skin getting dry as it just makes it a nightmare to put make-up on but with these products I feel like I'm onto a winner and I have super budget and more high end products but I like them all and they all agree with my skin as it can be a pain in the ass sometimes and react to products quite badly if it doesn't like them but these are all good! I think it is good to have a range of products of different prices so your skin doesn't need to miss out if you run out of your moisturiser a week before payday haha. I've been piling up all the creams on my face whilst writing this and damn my face feels good haha - Amy x


Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram

8 comments:

Anna Megan said...

I have never tried a serum before, a lot of them are very expensive! Would you say it's worth it? Great post by the way xxx

Amy Tibble said...

I would definitely give the Balance active formula a try for £3.99. I find the serums that are especially for hydrating the skin make my skin feel a lot plumper and I think it adds to making my makeup go on better x

Nikoleta Ljuljduraj said...

I love serum for my skin! Great post! :)
Origins is a great one!

Nikoleta, xoxo.

http://nljuljduraj.blogspot.com

Emily said...

Great post :) I did a post on my skincare routine
Emily http://idontknxw.blogspot.co.uk

Aline C. said...

Pretty interesting post, I'm on the market to find a serum and eye cream. I shall try out your suggestions :)

Nicole Baxter said...

I've heard such good things about hydraluron. I don't know why I still haven't tried it as my skin is like the desert at the moment!
Coleoftheball xx

Amy Tibble said...

I was hesitant at first because of the price, even on offer and I never used to spend much at all on skincare but now I wouldn't be without it! x

Amy Tibble said...

I shall check it out :) x