Tuesday, 24 February 2015

REVIEW & COMPARISON: Maybelline dream flawless nude fluid-touch foundation vs Chanel Vitalumére aqua



Today I am going to be reviewing the new Maybelline dream flawless nude fluid-touch foundation - what a name! I got this foundation about a month ago now so I think that is enough time to give is a fair review. On my first try I absolutely loved it and I still do now! It is incredibly light weight, it doesn't feel like you have anything on, much like the Maybelline eraser eye concealer, such a good combo! It is a good match for my skin tone, I've got the shade Ivory which is the lightest. I really like the applicator as you can just let it drop onto your hand so there is no touching involved so super hygienic or my preferred method is to just wipe the stick type thang all over my face then blend in with a the real techniques expert face brush or my fingers work well. My skin feels super soft when I have this on. It lasts really well, I had an 8 hour shift at work and my skin looked just as I had first applied it which rarely EVER happens for me and that was without a primer! It nicely evens out my skin tone, greatly improves its appearance and I found it works really well at toning down my red bits, especially the cheek area for me.

I originally got this as I thought it may be a much cheaper alternative to my much loved chanel vitalumére aqua and actually it is a pretty good match in terms lasting power, finish and coverage however I would say the Maybelline offering is slightly lighter in texture which I prefer and I much prefer Maybelline's applicator. I do however think that the chanel colour (10 beige) is a slightly better match for me but sorry chanel I don't think I will be repurchasing you from now on as I have found a much cheaper gem in the new Maybelline foundation. Basically if you have been eyeing up a high end light weight flawless foundation give this one a go first! It is currently on offer in boots and superdrug for £5.99 so for that price you've got nothing to loose!

Have you tried this yet? - Amy x

Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram

4 comments:

Ellabella said...

It sounds like a really good foundation :) Affordable too!

http://ellabellaslifebook.blogspot.com/

Afrodite said...

It sounds really interesting ! I wanted to tried out the Chanel one for the longest time but it's quite pricey so maybe it's a good idea to try first the one from Maybelline ^_^

BubblyBeauty

sampan_27 said...

I have just got this and also switched from my Chanel! I was using the Mat Lumiere, but this Maybelline one is so amazing and light, but covers really well! Such a bargain price too. :)
haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

Amy Tibble said...

I've converted my mum now and she has used the maybelline dream matte mouse for yearsssss it really is that good! x