Saturday, 28 February 2015

D.I.Y: copper glass jars


This kinda of goes on from the 'D.I.Y' for glass jars I posted the other day. I was looking around Wilko and spotted a can of spray paint in copper on sale for £2 and I knew it had to be mine and I also knew exactly what I was going to do with it!

I have never used spray paint before but it seemed pretty obvious what I had to do. I create the lines/sections I just used sellotape and It seemed to work pretty well. I used the spray paint in my garden so as not to choke on fumes or just the paint everywhere and just put it under neath my BBQ which has a rack under neath and just let it dry. When dry I just removed the sellotape and voila you are left with some very pretty glass jars.

Now I don't mean to blow my own trumpet but having not spray painted before I think they have turned out really well! I seem to be obsessed with doing little D.I.Y's in my bedroom! I covered my dressing table glass in marble sticky back plastic and I am so chuffed with it! - Amy x


Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram

8 comments:

Beth Neale said...

Love this idea! So creative x

lasheslinerlove.blogspot.co.uk

Lauren F said...

Amazing and copper is so in right now! Great tips! http://itslaurensbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

Lulu Ewing said...

What a brilliant idea, my new room decor involves copper and I'd never have thought of doing this! The half and half looks lovely x

www.amummastimeout.co.uk

Kelsey Dadmun said...

These look so cute! I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye out for copper spray paint now.

Kelsey | Beauty by Kelsey

Amy Tibble said...

Thank-you :)

Amy Tibble said...

Much cheaper to just spray paint stuff yourself :)

Amy Tibble said...

It is really easy to do you should give it a try and save some money! x

Amy Tibble said...

I got mine from wilkos but I am pretty sure any craft or d.i.y store would sell it :)