Tuesday, 27 January 2015

REVIEW: Nars velvet matte and satin lip pencils


I got the Nars digital world lip pencil coffret for christmas and I have been obsessed with these lip pencils ever since! Granted three of the shades are limited edition but if you head on over to temptalia she has some great dupes for those shades. These are all mini in size but I have that many lip products I really don't need the full sizes! I have wanted to try out the nars lip pencils for quite some time so was a very happy bunny when I received these!

I'll start off with talking about the two velvet mattes which are the second and third swatches, the first being cruella and the second being iberico. Cruella is a shade I'm sure you've heard of and one I was dying to try, it is a gorgeous deep red and iberico is a lovely orange. It's funny I thought I would of liked iberico least but it is actually one of my favourites and apparently it's basically red square from nars but just has a more orange tone to it. The formula is spot on, lovely and matte but not drying. As they are in pencil form they are super easy to apply and long wearing providing you don't eat a massive meal that is, great for nights out though.

Onto the satin lip pencils that I have in yu which is the first swatch, torres del paine which is the fourth and descanso which is the fifth. Yu is the only one that is from the permanent line and it is a beautiful bright pink. Along with iberico I thought yu would be one of my least favourite but again it is my most loved along with iberico. Torres del paine is a beautiful peachy colour, but not too light so it still looks nice. Descanso is a lovely dusty rose colour with a hint of peach to it, very unusual but looks stunning on. I can't fault the formula of these, they go on like a charm and set as a really lovely satin finish as the name would suggest, a lovely in between formula vs it being too shiny and not lasting. These have great staying power, not as long as their matte counter parts but still very wearable for a night out.

The nars lip pencils do not disappoint, I can definitely see why so many rave about them. I'm really surprised my two favourite shades are the ones I thought I'd like least but iberico is like my perfect orange lip as I normally don't suit orange. Same with yu, it is my perfect bright pink that I ordinarily wouldn't suit. If you are umming and ahhing because at £18.00 each for the full size they aren't cheap, I seriously don't think you would be disappointed with either formula because they are fantasic, have a great shade range, the formula for both is on point and you can't beat a bit of Nars! - Amy x

Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram

4 comments:

Kelly-Louise Gimber said...

Great review! Up until know I am missing a good orange shade so iberico sounds like a color I would really want to try! :)

Stay fancy!
xxx Kelly-Louise

fancysince1992.blogspot.de

Jasmine Harding said...

I love the NARS Lip Pencils! Am so tempted to buy one for myself! The colours are all so gorgeous!
Jasmine xxx
http://jasminehardingmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

Amy Tibble said...

Unfortunately iberico is limited edition but red square is very similar and that is a permanent shade so I would recommend that one! x

Amy Tibble said...

Definitely worth the splurge x