Monday, 22 September 2014

Shop my stash: Autumn lip picks


I'll kick off my Autumn week with my favourite lip picks. One of the many reasons I love autumn is because it seems that it's more acceptable to rock a dark lip which is the best kind of lip, I think anyway. I normally reserve dark berry lips for nights out but when autumn comes I wear it daily.

I'll start from left to right and my first fav is the Bourjois rouge edition velvet in grand cru. It is the most amazing mesmerising deep film star red. The wear time is amazing so there is no worrying about having patchy lips with this product!

Next up is the Mac colab with Lorde, Pure Heroine. This is said to be a mix between heroine and cyber. It's a beautiful deep purple that is perfect for this time of year. I also love mixing this with Mac Mehr for a super pretty dark nude.

An oldie but a goodie is the lovely Rimmel Kate Moss 107. I'm pretty sure most people would of tried this lipstick by now. It's great value for money, matte but not drying, a gorgeous berry tone and an all round winner!

Another autumn favourite from Mac is the Viva Glam I. Mac describe it as an intense brownish blue-red. It's a classic look and one of my favourite reds to wear for everyday as it just makes me feel really put together.

Next is a YSL glossy stain in the shade 4. This is a gorgeous subtle purpley berry tone that I actually wore for my graduation pictures. It adds the perfect amount of gloss with a nice amount of colour and wears really well.

Next up is my nude pick for autumn and it is the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick 08. This is in black casing as it is from the normal less matte range but I would still say it had a kind of matte element to it, it's definitely not shiny or slippy on your lips. This is a really lovely dusty pinky brown nude that works so well with my skin tone and is a good dupe for Kylie Jenner's lip of choice.

Finally, and I'm pretty sure I should of thrown this product away as I've had it so long but I just can't and that's the Maybelline super stay 24hr lipstick in wildberry. I'm not even sure they sell this shade any more but it was one of the first darker lip colours I tried and I just can't let it go! The wear time is incredible, it literally doesn't budge, it doesn't go patchy and the shade is a really pretty purpley berry shade. This is strictly rationed but oh memories!

So those are my top autumn picks. Quite a varied bunch but all colours I absolutely love as well as the formulas being on point! What is your favourite autumn shade? -  Amy x


Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram

6 comments:

Gyudy B. said...

That YSL glossy stain seems amazing! I'm loving sheer plums the most at the moment ;) xx

Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

Lux Veritatis said...

Love the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks :)


Luxveritatis.| Beauty.Fashion.Crafts

Amy Tibble said...

The glossy stain would be perfect for you then! x

Amy Tibble said...

Such good value for money hey! x

zsuzsanna wrywood said...

what a wonderful colors of your choice, I like them all! I myself have Rimmel Kate Moss 107 but think I'll buy Rimmel Kate Moss 08, good quality and is not expensive ^^

Z ♥
http://beautybyz.blogspot.se/

Zoe Archer said...

Kate Moss 107 is such a pretty colour, and I love it for this time of year.

zoea2812.blogspot.com