Sunday, 7 September 2014

REVIEW: Maybelline colour show elixir lip lacquer



I was pretty excited for the arrival of these beauts! Superdrug currently has an offer on maybelline, buy one get one half price, so obviously I got two! On the left is the shade 725 caramel and the right is 105 petal.

The maybelline colour elixir's are just dreamy! I love the formula, it isn't particularly sticky, It applies really smoothly and feels comfortable on. The colour pay off is nice. I picked two of the more neutral shades and can confirm, as I swatched a lot, with the more vibrant colours you do get more colour pay off but these shades are to my own personal taste for everyday. The applicator works well to get a precise finish. These have been seriously hyped in the states so I'm happy the UK finally has them and they haven't disappointed. The packaging is so lovely! I like that you can see the colour you are picking up as the casing is clear. I also love how the middle is shaped like a lipstick, it's a sweet thoughtful add on to the packaging and the shiny lids look classy.

I really want to get a couple of the more vibrant shades of these. I have my eye on 135 raspberry, a gorgeous purple and 400 coral. What are your thoughts on these newbies? - Amy x

Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram

4 comments:

septhyne riadi said...

Beautiful colours! Will you say this is a more pigmented version of their colour elixir?

Nail Masque

candyicious said...

You have picked the best colors from the range!

http://candyiciousxo.blogspot.com

Amy Tibble said...

why thank you! x

Amy Tibble said...

As far as I was aware these are the colour elixir's unless the UK's version is different to everywhere else, sorry I can't be more helpful! x