Thursday, 18 September 2014

My fav fragrances


I was going to do a complete perfume collection for you all but er I have too many so like my last perfume post back in november 2013, I have picked a few I have been really loving lately.

First up is the D&G 3 L'Impératrice fragrance. This oh my god, I've never smelt anything like it, it is frigging amazing!
Boots say: D&G 3 L'Impératrice is flamboyant and energetic. For the L'Impératrice woman life is a movie and she is the heroine. All heads turn when she enters a room. Vibrant and magnetic, she exudes charisma and force of character. Fragrance Note: Top: Rhubarb, red currant, kiwi. Heart: Watermelon. Base: Sandalwood, musk, grapefruit. 
For me I can definitely pick out the rhubard, red currant and musk. It's sweet but in a way that isn't sickly sweet and it has some depth to it. It's like a grown up sweet fragrance if you get what I mean and I have been wearing this almost every day since I got it, SO GOOD! If you haven't already you need to swatch it. The bottle looks kinda ordinary but the stuff inside is like liquid gold.

Karl Lagerfeld sun moon and stars is a fragrance very close to my heart. It's definitely more of an evening fragrance as it is pretty potent but it does smell good and depending on the situation could be used in the daytime. I remember my late cousin having it on her dressing table and I would be fascinated by the beautiful deep blue bottle and gold top. I always wear it if I have an occasion or something I feel like I need extra luck for or to feel her with me which is why I wore it for my graduation.
Fragrance direct say: Karl Largerfeld Sun, Moon and Stars EDT Spray is a beautiful feminine perfume designed to celebrate the modern, independent woman. It has a sweet, floral quality with oriental elements that make it a great daytime fragrance. With top notes of Pineapple, Freesia, Peach, Water Lily, Bergamot and Rose, middle notes of Carnation, Orange Blossom, Orchid, Orris Root, Jasmine, Narcissus, Lily of the Valley and Heliotrope and base notes Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Vanilla and Cedar, Karl Lagerfeld Sun, Moon and Stars is a complex fragrance that creates an impression.
I have to disagree with the daytime fragrance statement as it does pack a punch from the oriental and floral notes. This will always be one of my favourites. It seems to be getting harder to get hold of though so I may have to stock pile a couple!

PureDKNY is a fragrance I just pick up and use if I'm in a rush. It's easy to wear, fresh, smells good and is suitable for any occasion.
Boots say: In a world that moves faster everyday, we yearn to find a feeling of peace. A moment to escape and find refuge from our everyday worries. A moment to take time out for the things that are closest to our heart. pureDKNY captures that moment. It embraces a love of all that is pure, simple and honest in the world. A drop of vanilla in water. pureDKNY strives to be responsible, conscious and environmentally aware. Fragrance Family Aromatic, Woody, Fresh, Spicy. Fragrance Notes: Top: Pomelo, Coriander. Mid: Violet, Lily-of-the-valley. Base: Vetiver, Mahogany.
As said before it is just suitable for anything. It's oozes simplicity, pureness and is just a great honest fragrance you can just wear and that's what keeps me reaching for it. It's not fancy and doesn't pretend to be, it's just good.

Finally the latest addition to the Marc Jacobs Daisy range is Daisy Dream. This is a really lovely floral fragrance that is so wearable and the bottle oh my it is stunning!
Boots say: Inspired by the boundless spirit of daisies and blue sky, Daisy Dream is marc’s newest dream girl--ethereal, innocent and free. Channelling daisy’s easy charm and reverie, Daisy Dream embodies a new take on being youthful, spirited and romantic. Daisy Dream reflects marc’s irresistible mix of intricate details, elegance and femininity for a fresh interpretation of the iconic daisy motif. Light and airy, Daisy Dream is both floral and fruity. Fragrance Notes: Top Notes: Blackberry, Grapefruit, Pear. Heart Notes: Jasmine, Lychee, Blue Wisteria. Base Notes: White Woods, Musks, Coconut Water.
The fragrance notes sound dreamy, rather be fittingly, don't they! This is another great everyday fragrance. The bottle really sold it for me with this, it is so so beautiful and the fragrance is delicately floral with a hint of sweetness that is irresistible.

There you have it my 4 top five fragrances atm. Maybe when I  have more time I will do a huge fragrance collection but until then these are what I have been constantly reaching for. What is your favourite scent? Have you tried any of these? Do you associate memories with perfumes? - Amy x


Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram

No comments: