Tuesday, 29 July 2014

kinda huge payday haul, oops!

Okay so I may have gone a little cray cray when payday came around this time BUT most of it was on a deal or in the sale so I thought I'd show you my loot and tell you where you can find the bargains at the same time!

First up is a selection of skin care. I got two products from the waitrose pure range. A facial oil and a beauty balm. I have wanted to try a facial oil for a while and try a balm so for £2.99 a pop these seemed perfect and feel really nice so expect a more in-depth review in a few weeks. Next I got a garnier charcoal scrub as I loved the Bioré charcoal cleanser I got so much, this was only £3.33 instead of £4.99. I also got some boots skin clear stuff as it's always useful to have if your skin is misbehaving and these had money off. I also got the sanctuary 5 minute detox mask which surprise surprise has charcoal in! This was down to £7 instead of £10.50 which I believe ends on the 05/08 so be quick! Finally I picked up a mini of the body shop seaweed clarifying toner. I got this as I have heard good things and liked the look of the ingredients. 

Next up are some randoms/hair stuff. I got a cute little notebook from wilko for only £1. I have been looking for that primark necklace for so long and finally it's mine! It is SO pretty. I picked up a primark foot file 'cause everyone needs to take care of their feet and it was £1, ridiculous! I also got a little stippling brush from there for £1.50. It is SO soft, I don't understand how they can be so cheap. I also picked up some Bblonde medium lift (I already have the powder) as I'm toying with the idea of re-doing my ombré. The beanie was 20p from primark so I couldn't say no as it's 20p come on and I love the colour burgundy. Finally I picked up the L'Oréal casting sunkiss jelly in 01, my hair is quite dark so  I don't if it will work but it's worth a shot before the strong stuff!

So I had to take my fmp back to Uni as I was chosen to take part in their exhibition running for a month for new students to get an idea of the variations of work, any ways! My uni has a quaint little town so I decided to do a bit of shopping for old times sake and the boots there had an AMAZING clearance section. Once I got over the shitty customer service I received I am pretty happy with my loot! Not all of it is from boots/in the sale so I'll begin roughly from left to right. Maybelline fit me concealer was only 50p INSANE! The natural collection is in the shade fig and was £1.99. The collection blush and highlight and blush duo were 50p. I should of taken picture's with the lids up as you can't really see the shades correctly at all but I will probably do a review on them! The seventeen falsifeye hd mascara was down to £4.99 as it's a new release and seventeen had a buy one get one half price offer so I got the seventeen stay pout lipstick in just a fling for half the price. This shade reminded me of mac's velvet teddy but with a less pink tone, I am obsessed with those kind of shades at the moment. The seventeen nailvarnish was 50p and is a matte effect with light golden foil pieces. I think this will be beautiful as a top coat over a pretty nude. The barry m lipstick was only 50p. I already have one of these but it's pretty old so got a new one, why not for 50p! It reacts to the alkali in/on your lips to create the perfect pink shade for you. I believe they have just re-released this so I'm guessing this was why it was on clearance as this is the old packaging. I also got the soap and glory cheekmate for £1, again crazy prices and I've wanted to try this for ages. Finally from the clearance stand I picked up two maybelline fit me stick foundations in ivory for £1 each, again I cannot believe the prices! I've wanted to try these for ages after kate from gh0stparties raved about them! From wilko I picked up two matt xxxl lipgloss/lipsticks. I am not so impressed with the pink one, haven't tried the red yet, I'm hoping it's not as bad as the pink! I also picked up another nail varnish but that was in my room and I'm lazy hah. Finally I picked up the garnier bb cream + blur in light. I LOVE the garnier 5 second blur primer so I knew I needed to get this! It was down to £6.65 from £9.99 where I got it from but when I went to another boots it wasn't on offer and was £12.99 so I'm a bit confused but I got it for £6.65 so meh! I can't wait to try this!!

So now I am on a spending ban haha. Considering the amount of stuff I got some amazing bargains. I swear I can sniff a bargain out, it's like I just know! I think I prefer having one big blow out instead of bits here and there. What do you do on pay day, big shop or restrain yourself? Seriously though you should all check out your local boots and try and find where the clearance section is!! If you are interested in any of the skincare deals I think they end on the 05/08. - Amy x

Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram

1 comment:

Lauren McMinn said...

Great post, xx
http://laurenswardrobe.com