Friday, 25 July 2014

Latest in beauty: The glamour beauty edit

 

So much love for Glamour magazine recently hey! I kept seeing people talking about these, saw it had an illamasqua lipstick and I was sold! I also used a voucher code someone kindly told me about on instagram, can't remember who it was sorry! but the code is 15off which takes 15% off your order making it £14.41 inc postage instead of £16.95, even better! I got mine about two weeks ago so hopefully the code still works! As you can see you get quick a bit for your buck!

I got the magnifibres brush on false lashes which was the second thing that made me really want this box! I cannot wear flash lashes to save my life, the glue doesn't agree with my eyes so this solution sounded perfect. Now they aren't quite the miracle product in that they truly look like falsies but they do add a lot of volume and length that I don't think you could get from just layering up mascara. I think this stuff is amazing!

I also got a crabtree & evelyn nail lacquer in a lovely pearlescent red. I don't normally go for shimmery polish but this one looks really classy and applies beautifully. It dries pretty quick too, a minute or so, which is a huge bonus. I used two coats to get a really opaque finish. Everyone needs a reliable red in their nail varnish stash!

Also included is the rimmel sun shimmer instant tan bb skin perfector, what a name, in medium matte. Now I don't fake tan, I always think oh I'll give it a go and then I chicken out but maybe now I will. Also, nice forward thinking glamour, this box comes with a velvotan tanning mitt which gives me more confidence because a good quality mitt will surely lead to a good tan? fingers crossed! I'll report back when I've grown a pair and given it a go!

Next I got a bourjois cream blush in the shade 01 nude velvet, see the right swatch above. A beautiful peachy nude and luckily I don't have this shade as I do have a couple of bourjois cream blushes in my stash. Lovely formula and a shade I generally don't have in my collection.

I also got the toni & guy volume plumping whip. I haven't tried this yet and as I have such thick hair I don't need too much help with volume. However the description does say it smooths so perhaps it will tame my unruly frizzy hair. I'll get back to you!

Also included is a generous sample of the hawaiian tropic satin protection ultra radiance sun lotion spf 30. This stuff smells really good! It's the perfect size to just chuck in your bag and I really like the hawaiian tropic brand anyway so having a nicely sized sample is really handy! I haven't tried this particular spf from them but the word radiance has me intrigued. I might even try it on my face as it doesn't seem too heavy so may work.

I also got a 30ml sample of the DHC deep cleansing oil. I didn't think I'd love this but I really do. I thought it would be too greasy but it sinks in really quickly and does an amazing job at getting rid of make-up and adds a nice hit of hydration. It contains vitamin e and olive oil, nice ingredients to have and just works really well. I'm tempted to but the full size as it's the first cleansing oil I have actually liked! It's £21.50 for 200ml but it works really well and you don't need a huge amount each use.

Finally I got an Illamasqua lipstick! I got the shade naked from their glamore range that recently released 6 nude shades. The swatch for this is on the left. Now this wasn't the shade I was hoping for, in fact I would of rather of had any other shade other than this so I was pretty disappointed but having tried it, if I pat it on, it creates a really nice '90's' lip look so it's not all bad as I've been liking that look recently. It's definitely growing on me I'll say that. It's super pigmented and creamy so I can see why these lipsticks are £18.50 each comparing them to the quality of mac. I REALLY want to try more Illamasqua, they had an amazing sale on after christmas and I'm still kicking myself that I didn't get anything!

All of this has a combined value of just over £86 which is insane for what I paid for it! There isn't one product I wouldn't use. What's good with these boxes is that you don't have to sign up to a rolling contract, you can just buy a one off box if you find one you fancy. It's really reasonably priced for the amount of stuff you actually get and bar what shades you will actually get you basically know what is coming. You can get yours here. - Amy x

Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram

No comments: