Saturday, 26 July 2014

essence haul/first impressions


I was so happy when I saw essence had landed in my local wilko! I went to Berlin a few years ago and first tried out the brand there and have wished it would be sold in the UK since then! Wilko's currently have a 3 for 2 on across all cosmetics atm so I managed to get a nice selection of things I hadn't tried before.

First up and left on the swatch is the waterproof eyeliner pen. I had seen this online and thought a waterproof eyeliner was right up my street. It doesn't crack or flake like other waterproof formulas I've tried. It lasts so well and is a really deep true black. This was £2.80. Next I picked up one of their lipsticks, the long lasting forumla, in natural beauty. It's a really pretty everyday colour, It has nice pigmentation, applied nice and smooth and is just rather lovely! This was £2.30. I also picked up one of the xxxl longlasting lipglosses in very berry. At first I thought how can you have a long lasting lipgloss but apparently you can! This stuff stayed on when I drank a can of coke and repeated licked my lips and it's a gorgeous colour! This was also £2.30.

I also picked up on of the eye shadow palettes. I picked all about nude. As you can see it contains some gorgeous shades. I'm incredibly impressed with these. The pigmentation is amazing for something that only costs £3.50 and they lasted on my eyes for a full 10 hours at work and they are still going strong, all be it faded slightly but no creasing and it is still evident I have eye shadow on.




Another thing I'd eyed up online was the blush up duo in heatwave. The orange fades beautifully into the pink. From the swatch left to right is the orange, pink and then mixed. Again which is a running theme, this product has great pigmentation. I can't believe for something this cheap it's this good! You basically get three blushes for £3.50.

I had to pick a nail varnish and I choose the shade that was calling out to me, naughty and pink. I don't recall having anything like this in my collection. It'd a gorgeous pink with orange undertones. This was £1.60.

Last but by no means least I picked up the all about matt fixing compact powder. I'm going to do another review on this as I think it's the perfect dupe for soap & glory's one heck of a blot as it works in exactly the same way. This was £3 which is a steal!

I got the two cheapest items free which I thought was a bit shitty of wilko as in boots, the items are places in price order and you get every third item free but hey ho! It's definitely reminded me of why I loved the products I got from Berlin and I'm really happy to see such a good brand finally come to the UK, well it had done some time last year but only in a select few wilko's, now it's basically in all of them. Woohoo!

Have you tried anything from essence yet? What would you like to get your hands on from my haul? - Amy x


Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram

5 comments:

Carmen Varner said...

Everything is so pink! I especially like the Blush Up duo.
:] // itsCarmen.com ☼

jasmine turner said...

You picked up some lovely products, i need to check out my local wilko's and see if they stock Essence!
xprincessjas | ♥

Nina Zane said...

I picked some bits up too, I got the matt version of the lipgloss and it was awful. I will defo try the one you got, I noticed they had two types, gloss version and a dodgy matt one :) xx
http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

Amy Tibble said...

I wish I'd seen this before I went shopping today aha I agree they aren't the best! The other one is wayyyyyy better x

Amy Tibble said...

I didn't even realise til you said! I'm sure I'm going through a pink phase! x