Thursday, 26 June 2014

kiko haulin'




Last week I finally went to the kiko on regents street (after getting off at Piccadilly circus when it was right next to the oxford circus exit wahhh) and I had a great shopping experience.

The store was super busy but the staff were so friendly and attentive even though they must of been rushed off their feet! The lady that served me was particularly nice. Yes she told me about a perfume that was positioned at the til but she didn't suggest I buy it, in fact she put my transaction through before she mentioned it and asked about what scents I normally go for which makes a change from hard selling I've experienced else where. The perfume actually smelt divine but alas I didn't have the funds, maybe next pay day! I knew I liked kiko products because when I went to Berlin a few years ago and went into a kiko shop their and got a lipstick which was amazing as well as a nail varnish.

First on the swatches left to right is a beautiful rock attraction blush called pop apricot 04 from kiko's denim range I believe. It is the most beautiful unique shade, as soon as I saw it I knew it was to be mine aha. I has a lovely denim pocket imprint and the packaging is just lovely. The blush itself feels super soft and smooth. This was half price in the sale for only £7, for something so lovely that is a pretty good price!

Next swatch is the rock attraction bronzer in loud tan 02. Again this was half price in the sale at £6 and again a great price for something so lovely. It has a great smooth texture, it looks kinds scary in the pan but swatched it is beautiful. There was a lighter version which I normally would go for but for some reason I preferred this one. Such a pretty imprint and packaging, most of this collection seemed to be on sale, I was lusting after it when it first came out so I'm glad I managed to get a few things!

The next two swatches are extra volume lip-glosses. The light pink is number 18 and the peachy coral is number 10. For £2.90 on offer these lip glosses are amazing!! They aren't too sticky and they really make my lips look plump without a horrible tingly feeling. I've really been won over by lip glosses and these two are great. Not overly sticky, lovely wash of colour, give my lips for volume, tick tick tick!

I also brought one of their velvet matte lipsticks in the shade 602. I'm still kinda obsessed with Kylie Jenner's lips and this was a pretty good match and just looks really nice. It's definitely more velvet than matte, I'd liken it more to mac's satin finish, maybe slightly more matte. It was £6.90 which I think is pretty reasonable given they have two stores I think within the UK.

Last but not least is another thing from the denim range is a rock idol lipstick in 01. It's a nice nude colour. It's in the form of a stick but it a lot thinner than other chubby stick dupes which for me makes it easier to apply. It has a satin finish and is just a really pretty colour. This was half price at £5, I probably wouldn't spend £10 on it but it's a nice colour to add to my collection with a nice satin finish and colour pay off.

Have you tried kiko? Can you suggest any new products for me to try? - Amy x


Twitter | Bloglovin | Instagram

No comments: