Monday, 10 March 2014

shop my stash - No7 Beautifully Matte Primer REVIEW


So as you probably know by now 'cause I've posted about it a few times I am sorting out my room. One part of this is trying to sort out my make-up/skincare collection. This proved to be quite difficult as I got distracted as I swatched or tried out everything I hadn't used in a while! I know shop my stash normally contains more than one product but I wanted to dedicate a whole post to this beauty.

The beauty in question is the No7 beautifully matte primer. I brought this quite some time ago! maybe a year and a half, no less than a year and I must of just not liked it as it's barely been used! Anyway as spring is upon us with summer soon to follow as time seems to be moving so fast, I thought I'd give this another go.

Now as soon as I tried it I remembered why I didn't like it. It's kinda hard to apply as it really is mattifying and doesn't give you much time to try and smooth it onto your face. I don't know how to describe it, it's a creamy consistency but it doesn't really blend well, I have to use more product then say a silicone based primer or one that feels more like a moisturiser. However it does contain 40ml when I'm pretty sure generally you get 30ml worth of product with other things. When I put it on my hand to apply I noticed a kind of pearlescent look and I thought hang on a minute I don't remember this! and sure enough on reading the back of the product it does indeed contain light reflecting particles. I know people say this a lot but I really did look lit from within and though hmm my skin looks damn good. This stuff works amazingly well with bb/cc creams which is what I switch to in the summer for a lighter base. So yes it is harder to apply than other products I own but how it made my skin look farrrrrr out weighs this.

This stuff also improves blemishes as it has cucumber extract to soothe the skin and that famous ingredient salicylic acid to fight against spot causing bacteria. Pretty amazing huh and perfect for me at the moment as my chin has erupted with under the surface spots, bugger!

It's oil free, it REALLY does give a matte finish but because of the light reflecting particles your skin doesn't look dull at all or too matte and it helps to disguise flaws as well because of the light reflecting particles, I don't know if it comes across in the picture below but it's definitely a pearlescent finish, not glittery at all. Another ingredient which aids this primer to give a matte finish is that it has meadowsweet with helps to regulate oil production so it minimises blemishes without clogging your pores which would create more of a problem.


I really don't know why I didn't give this product more of a chance. I really love it and the effect it has on my skin is amazing, in fact my nanny complimented my skin today and said how nice it was! My skin felt smooth after application and my foundation is still in tact, looking lovely, hours later. The real test will be at work to see if it keeps oil at bay, I don't know what it is, the different climate maybe but I tend to get a little oily at work and generally my chin is oily, I can vouch that it has majorly improved my chins oilyness. I love this stuff and I kinda feel bad for ignoring it for so long, I love how it makes me skin look so healthy and glowing.

You can get this from boots here for £10.50, however boots are currently giving out there money off vouchers so you could get it for £7.50 in store if you used the £3 off make-up one! bargain!

Anyone else found anything in their stash that they didn't love but now do? - Amy x

9 comments:

PWhiley94 said...

I have been looking for a new primer and haven't come across with one before. I always give products a second go and end up loving them. Great review.

P.xx
GreyWalls

Leanne Webber said...

Sounds great! Need to give this a go

nailsandteapots xx

Michelle said...

omg yes this just happened to me, but I think I might need to try this product as well. But my product is nuskin rejuvenating cream. I love it, I can't believe I haven't been using this product more. I am just using it as a face lotion but I LOVE it.
xx, Michelle
http://michelleolthuis.blogspot.com

Jojo Al said...

I was just thinking about this primer, and then I came to Bloglovin and saw your review!! Im going to give it a try soon ,I heared alot of good things about it. Thank you aloti dear!~^_^

www.beautylish-life.com

Jessie said...

I tried this primer and I did not like it at all. It was difficult to apply and I didn't see a great effect on my skin; if anything it made me break out even though it's oil free. This is definitely a no-go for me, I haven't even tried a face primer since.

Amy Tibble said...

that's a shame! you should definitely try a primer again though! another favourite of mine is garnier 5 second perfect blur which has a completely different consistency, have a swatch and see what you think :)

Amy Tibble said...

Boots didn't do a good job on the name, it's so much more than just a mattifying primer! x

Amy Tibble said...

just googled that, sounds amazing! x

Amy Tibble said...

I'm almost certain boots have testers of these, give it a try and see what you think :) x