Sunday, 16 March 2014

Shaun Dickens at The Boathouse restaurant review

I don't think I've ever done a restaurant review on here but I literally had the best food I've ever tasted and that compares to Penny Hill Park Brasserie, The Ritz afternoon tea,  2 AA Rosette Caprice Restaurant and a Marco Pierre White chain. 

The restaurant in question was Shaun Dickens at The Boathouse located in Henley. In fact because of the floods within Henley they had relocated the restaurant to an actual boat which really added to the experience!

I went for lunch and picked between a 3 course meal priced at £21.50 or a 5 course tasting menu priced at £30 and you could choose to add a wine chosen by the restaurant to each course for £18 (Prices correct on 14/04/2014). I personally think this is AMAZING value for the standard of service and food you receive. The staff were incredibly attentive and knew all about what they were serving and sounded genuinely interested and proud in the service they were delivering. Napkins placed, crumbs wiped away, drinks poured, an explanation of everything you were eating and the food was exquisite and definitely fine dining.

I picked the 3 course option. We got canap├ęs to start, I then went for Tuna: Pickled ginger. Onion jam, crystallised peanut to start. Crispy salmon: Red cabbage, beetroot, horseradish gnocchi for main and Chocolate and malt: Maple popcorn, lime, milk chocolate for dessert. As I've said It was the nicest food I have ever eaten and I've eaten in some nice places! The flavour combinations were not what what would automatically come to mind but insanely delicious. 



Above you can see the boat it's currently one. The waiter said that they will vacate the boat at the end of march and reopen the restaurant in it's normal location around the 11th of April for a gala night/anniversary. I can't wait until it's open so I can go back and try more delights! It was weird being on a boat and having such nice food! I cannot recommend Shaun Dickens at The Boathouse enough, It was such a lovely lunch, being on the river and the sun shining, you can't really get much better!

This post is in no way sponsored at all, I just had the most amazing food and wanted to tell you all about it as I think the prices are really reasonable and if you're looking for a nice place to go of a weekend this would definitely be it! Right by the river, the actual restaurant is still right on the river, hence the flooding and Henley is a beautiful town anyway. You can find more information on their website here and it has the full website and specific location ect.

Have you got any recommendations for good places to eat? - Amy x

No comments: